Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just wanted to let you know

I'm still here. Haven't done a ton of crocheting. Mostly what I have worked on was trying to figure out what material (yarn or cotton) and hook size I want to do Allison's wedding shawl on. I may even change patterns all together. I'm hoping to get it done this week. I have too much to do on and off the hook to keep playing with it like I am. With all the motifs I've made I could probably have made 4 shawls. Right now it's going well with white cotton and an H hook.

GRRRR! I just found the baggie holding the shawl project on the floor...OPEN! Obviously it's been there a bit because everything is dirty and covered with dog hair. Guess I'll be starting over. Luckily it wasn't too many squares but still. Didn't anyone notice they were stepping on it? I guess I'll have to put it under lock and key before I leave from now on.

Once Allison's shawl is done I'll move onto an afghan for the couple whose wedding is the week after Drew's and Allison's. It'll most likely be a neutral color. I'm thinking either a simple textured ripple (worked into the back loops every so many rows) or a pinwheel granny square I saw in my baby afghans book. If all goes according to plan, I may even be able to finish an afghan for Allison and Drew too.

No comments: